Lost password

Shahzad Farooq

all messages by user

10/16/2017
Topic:
Residency Obligation for PR card

Shahzad Farooq
Shahzad Farooq
We are landed immigrant in Canada in Dec. 2012.

We had a company here in Canada with a partnership of my wife.

She looks after the matters in Canda regarding the business, and I have to live abroad to see it at the other end.

Now, my daughter and my wife, they have completed 730 days in Canada but I could not do so.

I have read one of the provisions for completing resident obligations of 730 days as if someone stays outside Canada for Canadian Business, his time outside Canada will be considered as in Canada.

We are paying Tax for that business in Canada for all years.

I have also purchased a house in Canada.

Do I qualify to apply for citizenship?

Will my period spend outside Canada will be considered as in Canada?
11/15/2017
Topic:
PR Status Questionnaire Received - How Long?

Shahzad Farooq
Shahzad Farooq
Hi,
Iam Permanent Resident Canada since Dec.2012. My PR card is expiring in April, 2018.
I have completed my residency obligations of 730 days at different sessions.I had multiple visits out side Canada .In one of my visits I was checked at YYZ airport by the officer. She put a stamp which is not eligible, but only written the world "PR'. with a pen.She told me that I would like to inform you to complete your residency obligations if not completed yet.
I carefully and more consciously completed the residency obligation, but I have lost my passport, only the proof of my exit from Canada was the entry stamp of the arriving Country.CBSA also don't have the record of exit as I have understanding.
I had Financial statements ,all bank debit card and credit card transactions, Notices of Tax assessments, the amount of rent paid by my account to the apartments of University in which my daughter was studying.In University rent document the name of my daughter and wife is mentioned.[ The rent paid account was joint account with my wife]The University only mentions two persons name in Rent document.
Now we have purchased a house which is also in my wife name.Do you think all financial documents can help to prove my residency obligations.Kindly guide me as I want to apply for renewal of my PR card.I have also requested CBSA,online to provide my travel history a weak before.
2/21/2018
Topic:
Can I Re-Enter Canada? PR Card is Valid

Shahzad Farooq
Shahzad Farooq
Iam PR Canada,completed residency obligations for citizenship. Now Iam in my parent country.I want to apply for Citizenship.Can I get attested my document copies like passport from the Oath commissioner or Notary from my parent country and send to IRCC?
Is physical presence in Canada mandatory for citizenship?
Can I apply my Ctizenship from any other province which is less busy in processing of application? As I lived mostly in Ontario,but for six month I was in Alberta.
12/1/2018
Topic:
PR card Renewal Problem

Shahzad Farooq
Shahzad Farooq
Hi,

I am the Permanent Resident of Canada. My PR Card has expired on 18th April, 2018. I applied for renewal of PR Card. Now I have received the reply to represent to prove residency obligations for the PR Card. I have multiple visits to US and Pakistan. I have my I-94k showing my entry and exit to and from US. The CBSA provided the dates of entry to Canada only from US/Pakistan but they didn't provide me the exit dates from Canada. I am in Pakistan since 10th Feb, 2018. I have lost my original passport but I have attested copies of the passport from Pakistan.
1: They have asked to provide R11 Travel History from Pakistan.Kindly let me know what is R11 and how can we get it? I have the photocopy of some of the tickets and boarding cards but not all.
2: I was admitted in the hospital in Canada and paid for the ambulance but I don't have the discharge slip and the receipts. How can I get hospital admission dates.
3: My daughter was studying in a University in Toronto. The house lease was contracted in the name of my wife and my daughter. I was staying with them. How can it help me for my residential status?
4/4/2020
Topic:
Voluntarily Renounce PR Status

Shahzad Farooq
Shahzad Farooq
Hi,
I voluntarily renounced my PR Status in 2019. I had to renounce my PR due to issues in my home country.My wife and daughter are Canadian Citizens.

However, I have resolved my issues and I wish to re-apply for PR so I can live with my family in Canada. I have a 10 year visa visit Canada.

Do I have to apply from the beginning, or is there a way I can resume my previous PR status. And complete my time period in Canada for PR from now onwards.?

Please help me to understand this process,
Thank you,
Shahzad Farooq