Lost password

SANAT

all messages by user

9/11/2018
Topic:
Residency Requirement PR card Renewals

SANAT
SANAT
I along with my wife became permanent resident on 15th May 2009.pr card was issued on 28th may 2009 valid upto 27th may 2014.

I applied fo renewal on 1.1.2014 and I got my new card on 30th Jan 2014 valid up to 30th Jan 2019.

Now I am in Ottawa and have not completed my residency requirement of 730 days.

In fact I will be completing 720 days on the day my pr card expires if I continue to stay in Canada Ottawa.

But due to some urgency I have to go to india on 2nd December and will be back by 15 th of January 2019 and there after I can live in canada for quite some time upto September or October before leaving.

I just want to know that if I leave on 2nd December 2018 and re-enter on 15 th January do I run the the risk of being confronted on entry for not completing 730 days of residency requirements and losing my pr status.

During my first pr card period I stayed for more than 900 days in 4.5 years.But due to my own negligence--visiting India every year for six months winter time and visiting USA to meet my younger son family I fall short of residency requirement of 730 days this time.

I am senior 78 year plus.
My question here is- is it safe to leave Ottawa on 2nd December and re-enter on 15th January.