Mommas6babes

all messages by user

1/22/2019
Topic:
Sponsorship and ODSP

Mommas6babes
Mommas6babes
Good afternoon
My question is about ODSP and sponsorship.

I was previously married and sponsored my ex-husband.

I was married in 2007 my undertaking began in December 2009 and he was incarcerated and then deported April 2012. I have been on ODSP since 2005. I was never given notice of being in default and successfully co-sponsored my children December 2011.

I am now remarried and I am trying to sponsor my current husband and only now immigration message me and say I am in default I called OW they said I owe nothing I called overpayment recovery they said I owe nothing and I can't figure out if he owes anything due to privacy laws.

I called my ODSP worker she said she had no idea what is going on but nothing shows on her system either but she would look into it. I called MPP because I was getting no where and I called MP that said I can't be penalized for ODSP.

I get a call today saying I owe $7389.10 because he was listed in my family unit.

How is this possible and how is it fair I never knew I would be penalized I never asked for the money I simply told my worker that my husband that I had sponsored is now residing with me.

HELP!!!!!!

What do I do now do I fix this my kids can't loose their Dad