AdrianG001

all messages by user

2/18/2019
Topic:
Banking Professional - Alternative Jobs

AdrianG001
AdrianG001
[email protected] wrote:
Hi, I m banking professional from india with 12 years of banking experience. I want to know that whether the banking jobs falls under regulated,non regulated or alternative jobs..

Plz advise and I m planning for Canada PR .

Being an experienced banking professional you can wither seek for a alternate banking job related to your domain or you can start freelancing.

Regards,
Adrian
6/11/2019
Topic:
Maintaining PR while Doing Business Abroad

AdrianG001
AdrianG001
To maintain your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least 2 years - 730 days - within a 5 year period. During this time you must be physically in Canada.
The two years do not need to be continuous. An officer can confirm if your time in Canada counts when you re-enter Canada, or apply for a permanent resident card.
But there are exceptions where time spent outside Canada may also count towards the two years / 730 days residency requirement.

Regards,
Adrian
7/4/2019
Topic:
OHIP or IFHP?

AdrianG001
AdrianG001
yavuzcelal wrote:
Hello.

I learned court has made its decision and i have refugee status in canada. However do i need to apply OHIP or can i still use IFHP ?

To apply for OHIP

· Get an application form online or from your local Service Ontario OHIP Office.
· Fill it out.
· Collect the documents you need.
· Take your application and documents to your local Service Ontario OHIP Office.
Important note: You can apply as soon as you have the documents that you need. However, you will not get a Health Card until you are eligible - after the 3-month waiting period.
Before that check if you`re eligible to apply for OHIP
Part A
You must be able to answer "yes" to each of these statements:
· Your principal home is in Ontario.
· You were not away from Ontario for more than 30 days during the first 6 months that you lived here. That means you must be in Ontario for 153 days of the first 183 days that you live in Ontario.
· You are in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period.
Part B
You must be able to answer "yes" to at least 1 of these statements:
Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
· You are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
· You are a "protected person," also called a convention refugee.
· You are registered as an Indian under the Indian Act. (This is for aboriginal people of Canada.)
· You applied for permanent residence and Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence in Canada. This means that you have "approval-in-principle."
· You have applied for a grant of citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act (Canada). IRCC confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for citizenship. (This is for children adopted internationally by Canadian citizens.)

Regards,
Adrian
7/4/2019
Topic:
Divorce in India or Toronto?

AdrianG001
AdrianG001
amit_saha1986 wrote:
Hi All

We landed together in Toronto on Nov 2018. My wife was the primary applicant in the application.

We were married for more than 2 years in India before filling the PR.

After 2 months in Toronto, we understood that the relationship is not working out and we started staying separately in Toronto to avoid further any conflict.

Now the question in my mind is.

1. Do I need to file a divorce in India or in Ontario?
2. Will Toronto's divorce be valid in India? Will India divorce be valid in Toronto?
3. As we are not even a year in Canada, will this decision impact our PR status in Canada?

Hello Amit,

As per the indian law of divorce you have to apply for the first instance of divorce in the home court of your marriage.

Regards,
Adrian