all messages by user

3/24/2019
Topic:
PR at Risk - Questions

grace222
grace222
Dear Anna,

Thanks for all the good work you do.

I would appreciate some counsel on my situation.

I presently work in the UK with my wife and kids,one of whom is a Canadian citizen and 5 years old.

We received PR status in 2018 and stayed in Canada for less than 2 months and would not be returning to Canada until a few weeks before the expiration of our PR cards.

My questions are:
1. Would I be "flagged" at a point of entry for investigation and subsequent order to leave Canada considering I would not have fulfilled 2 years of stay in Canada at the time?

2. If allowed to enter Canada without any issues I intend to subsequently fulfil the required 2 years and then apply for a renewal of my PR card/status-do you envisage any challenges with this?

3. Would the fact that I have a child who is a Canadian citizen be of any positive consideration for us as she is underage and unable to reside on her own in Canada during this period?

4. You have previously quoted that the 5-year period is a rolling one and would be considered only following an application......do you mean the application I make for a renewal of my PR status and could the authorities randomly review cases of PR < 5 years and recent return to Canada without an application being made?

Do pardon my long list.

I just seek some clarity.
Ehianeta