ankitaggarwal15

all messages by user

4/17/2019
Topic:
Change in Name in PR Card after Updating Passport

ankitaggarwal15
ankitaggarwal15
Hello everyone,

Has anybody had any luck with getting the name updated on PR card? I had spoken to a number of people at the IRCC call centre but it has been of no use; they are not aware of the actual process themselves.

My case if that my son's name needs to be updated on his PR card. At the submitting the application for PR, only his first name appeared on his passport. We got his full name updated on his new passport from BLS Canada as per instructions of the call centre executive.

Since the last 5 months, we are only going in circles around it wherein we are not getting to know of a clear process to get this done. After submitting an application by mail last month, we did get a reply from the Case Processing Centre asking us to send the same set of documents to the Operations Support Centre (OSC) so they can update the name on the COPR. However, the website clearly states that IRCC will make any changes to the COPR only if they have entered something incorrectly.

Please someone advise if you have had any success on this. Thanks a lot in advance!