Lost password

raew

all messages by user

5/23/2019
Topic:
PR expiry date

raew
raew
My husband and I were joint applicants for Permanent Residency. Our first PR cards have different expiry dates one is 6 months later than the other and neither are 5 years after landing.

Is it the case that once residency has been granted that the "link" between applicants is no longer valid so the expiration of the PR card is not relevant?

I appreciate that the residency requirement will be calculated from the date of application for renewal but just wanted to confirm that as the earliest an application for renewal can be made will be 9 months before the expiry date of our residency card not 9 months before the 5th anniversary of residency being granted?

For example if residency was granted 15th October 2015 and I have a PR card with expiry date of 25th January 2021 and my husband has a PR card with an expiry date of 30th June 2021 then I can apply any time form the 25th April 2020 onwards and may husband from the 30th September 2020.

Thanks
R
6/1/2019
Topic:
PR expiry date

raew
raew
Hi Anna,
Thanks for your clarification. We will not have a problem with meeting the residency requirement our confusion surrounds the expiry date. A couple of questions.

• Is the earliest date an application for renewal can be made 9 months before the expiry date of our residency card not 9 months before the 5th anniversary of residency being granted?
  • Is the fact that despite being joint application my PR card expiry date is different from my husband irrelevant?

Thanks
Rachel