upgsw191

all messages by user

7/21/2019
Topic:
PR Renewal - Accompanying Canadian Citizen abroad

upgsw191
upgsw191
Hello,
I am a PR married to a Canadian citizen (got his citizenship in October 2014), and we have been living in Sri Lanka for several years now. Our child is also a Canadian citizen.
My PR expires in February 2020, and I am applying for renewal on the basis of accompanying a Canadian citizen. We hope to go to Canada around August/September and post the application. During the last 5 years, we have traveled to Canada twice and stayed there for a few weeks.
Although we have been living together for the last 5 years, we are not certain whether the proof we are having is sufficient. Only the electricity bill is in my name, but the address in the bill doesn’t give the full details: Our address reads as: house no, avenue, Road and city. But in the electricity bill it reads as: house no, name of road (without the word road), and city; (without Avenue name). We are both worried whether this electricity bill will be accepted as proof.
The credit card bill comes in my husband’s name, and I have a supplementary card (I am not employed). I have a few letters from bank addressed in my name when sending the supplementary card. We have separate bank accounts, except for a joint bank account opened about one year ago
Of course we have the house deed, written in both our names. It doesn’t indicate the house number.
Very much obliged if you can please give us advice.
7/23/2019
Topic:
PR Renewal - Accompanying Canadian Citizen abroad

upgsw191
upgsw191
Thanks for the reply. However, my main concerns are regarding proof of accompanying spouse, which are:
1. The only utility bill is in my name, the Electricity bill, does not give the full address. Will that be accepted?
2. There are 03 letters from bank delivering supplementary credit cards to my name for the last five years.
3. We have our house deed, for bot our names. Will that be sufficient?
Hope for a positive response soon.
Thanks

Moderator wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for using our forum.

In regards to your question you might find useful information in:

What are the residency requirements for permanent residents (PRs)? - https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/permanent-residence/permanent-resident-pr-status/what-are-the-residency-requirements-for-permanent-residents-prs/

Can my time abroad count toward my permanent resident status? - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1466&top=10

We hope that you will find this information useful.

Thank you,
Settlement.Org

upgsw191 wrote:
Hello,
I am a PR married to a Canadian citizen (got his citizenship in October 2014), and we have been living in Sri Lanka for several years now. Our child is also a Canadian citizen.
My PR expires in February 2020, and I am applying for renewal on the basis of accompanying a Canadian citizen. We hope to go to Canada around August/September and post the application. During the last 5 years, we have traveled to Canada twice and stayed there for a few weeks.
Although we have been living together for the last 5 years, we are not certain whether the proof we are having is sufficient. Only the electricity bill is in my name, but the address in the bill doesn’t give the full details: Our address reads as: house no, avenue, Road and city. But in the electricity bill it reads as: house no, name of road (without the word road), and city; (without Avenue name). We are both worried whether this electricity bill will be accepted as proof.
The credit card bill comes in my husband’s name, and I have a supplementary card (I am not employed). I have a few letters from bank addressed in my name when sending the supplementary card. We have separate bank accounts, except for a joint bank account opened about one year ago
Of course we have the house deed, written in both our names. It doesn’t indicate the house number.
Very much obliged if you can please give us advice.
7/30/2019
Topic:
PR Renewal: Proof of Accompanying Canadian Citizen

upgsw191
upgsw191
Hello,
I have been outside Canada for the last five years living in Sri Lanka with my husband who got Canadian citizenship nearly 5 years ago.

My problem is in getting supporting documents as proof of living in the same address.
Will the following documents be sufficient?
1. Deed of the house we are living: it is joint ownership (it doesnt give the house number)
2. Extract of the elections register for each year
3. A few letters from bank delivering my supplementary credit card. (about 3 letters for the last 5 years)

Since I am planning to to apply for PR renewal soon (expires in February 2020) we both are getting panicky.

Please advise.
Thanks