ericchan71

all messages by user

7/24/2019
Topic:
PR Card Renewal - Pick Up Appointment

ericchan71
ericchan71
Dear Sir/Madam,

I got my PR status since 2014 and my PR card renewal application was approved and the original appointment was scheduled on 17 June 2019 to pick up my card. Actually I was residing in Hong Kong with my wife who is a Canadian citizen over the last 5 years but we have travelled to Canada from HK at least once a year. I missed the original appointment due to some reasons and I have submitted the request through the web form of the IRCC website to reschedule the appointment to send Sep to early October this year. I received the replies from IRCC via email several times but the contents are basically the same and just asked me to wait for their further notification. I have a permanent job in HK and I cannot leave HK for a trip to Canada in very short notice period. (As you know, the appointment could be re-scheduled within 2 weeks only from the date you received the letter from IRCC). I need to plan ahead for my trip at least 1 to 2 months before I go there and that's why I requested to re-schedule the new appointment at end Sep or early Oct. My existing PR card will expire in Oct and still I have no idea when is my new appointment to be scheduled. Do anyone have the experiences as mine and I want to know whether IRCC can accept the walk-in appointment cos my PR card is already there at their office ? Thanks