minimemo

all messages by user

11/4/2019
Topic:
Ontario Works Caseworker ignoring my emails

minimemo
minimemo
Good Day,

My OW Caseworker asked that I call her which I did. I followed up the call with an email. No response. I followed up to the email with another email. Out of office notification stating she would be out of the office for a number of days.

I guess she returned to work early for which she wrote be a crude email about how rather than call her I have chosen to email her and she will not explain the matter to me via email and therefore I am to request an internal review.

I respond to her email and requested her supervisor information because her reaction was uncalled for.

She responded back with her Supervisor Name and number and said she will not communicate with me via email and that from now on I have to call her to ask a question and that includes emailing her bills for reimbursement.

I spoke with her supervisor regarding this and his response was that it is because emailing me could be a legal liability.

If my OW Caseworker was not violating my rights why would there be legal concern?

More importantly he attempted to validate her behaviour which didn’t work because I did what I was suppose to do as a OW recipient and she attempted to make it look as though I didn’t.

If I can not email then how do I prove my integrity should a situation arise where my caseworker is acting in bad faith towards me?