Lost password

Sparta9000

all messages by user

11/27/2019
Topic:
Issues with Roaches & landlord/super

Sparta9000
Sparta9000
Our landlord WILL NOT fix the cockroach issues we have no matter what!

I've lived here about 2 years & have thrown out numerous grocery orders. They crawl on us while we sleep. I've taken photos, video ect. I've heard from numerous people that rented in this building before & have had the same issue & they either left or got evicted over something petty after bothering him about it. I've seen people in the hallway on their way out moving say it as well it's disgusting.

There use to be a Facebook page to report landlords in my area & there was a lot of people talking about this & him but the page got taken down. Any time I've asked him he just says "I'll come & spray" something called mighty wind spray" which I looked up, couldn't find it. So after a couple times I told him i don't think that's working. So he said ill try something else but pretty sure he didn't do anything different & he can just lie to court & say he did.

Whatever the case, still have cockroaches. The last time he said he would get an exterminator "Terminex" to come & it could be his buddy for all I know that works for Terminex. So they came & cocroaches are still here after a month. Im at my wits end, my gf is complaining, I don't want my little girl around it & her food. We also had a separate issue with hornets getting in some how and one stung my daughter. We were killing those everywhere as well. The whole building is infested with roaches, its an old beatdown building he bought & fixed up... along with a few more on this street & they all are infested but he gets around it. I feel like he doesn't have to do anything though because if I complain he'll evict me for past issues such as being late on rent multiple times even though we're all paid up now or if we go to court he can just say he keeps trying different things.

The superintendent is a drug addict who makes the whole building reak of drugs & smoke... he's always doing it with people when you go drop the rent off. You literally can't understand a word he says, he forgets that you pay him. It's not a secure building, everything is broken & has been. The glass in the front door of the building has been smashed out for months.

Where should I go from here? Is there anything I can do about the money I lost on this? I feel like court will do nothing over this.

Thanks.