all messages by user

8/9/2020
Topic:
Permanent Residency staying outside Canada

Dipankar
Dipankar
HHPATEL wrote:
Hi
I was landed immigrant as skilled worker with my son and spouse in 2010. Due to health issue of my parents , I had to come back with my family. My son and spouse returned to India after 2 month and I returned after 5 month. Due to responsibilty of taking care of my parents , I never returned to Canada. Now my son is of 18 years, He want to study higher education in Canada. But I and my spouse don't want to come to Canada.
SO, what are options for my son,

1 Applying for study permit:
- will old PR status hamper his study permit application?

or

2. Applying for PRTD for my son
-How much time will they take to decide for grant PRTD on Humanitarian ground ?- I don't know
-If IRCC take loner time, than it will spoil his important year of career.
-Can He apply for study permit after rejection of PRTD application?
-If IRCC reject his plea for PRTD , what are the option for him? Can he appeal for it?
- During process of appeal for rejection of PRTD, should he physically present in Canada? If yes, Can he study while appeal period in Canada?

Kindly , reply . I am in dilemma, Please guide me

Harshad
8/9/2020
Topic:
Permanent Residency staying outside Canada

Dipankar
Dipankar
Hi This is Dipankar.
i) I request clarification regarding stay outside Canada with a PR Card.My PR Card expires on 2nd March'2022.Is it possible to enter Canada any time before that date even if the residential obligation of 730 days is not met? Kindly confirm as one gets contradictory or conflicting interpretations.

II) In view of the Corona Virus situation, has there been any change in the residential obligation stipulation?

Thanks!