Cultecfho

all messages by user

8/19/2020
Topic:
PR Expired while outside Canada - 7 Years Ago

Cultecfho
Cultecfho
Hello,

I had sponsored my wife (at the time)who received her PR card back in June 2018 and she landed in canada in August 2018; stayed for 2 weeks then left canada. During the course of time it was found that here intentions for marriages were not genuine and the relationship fell apart, once she got her PR card she cut off communication. She has not returned to Canada since. In total she has spent around 3 months in canada since first being issued her PR card and landing back in August 2018. I have since applied for a divorce as of June 2020. My understanding is that divorce has no bearing on her PR card status. I had several questions: 1) If I believe her intentions vis a vis the terms of our marriage were fraudulent/non genuine do I need to report her? 2) Can she still come here and I would be responsible for her financially as part of my initial undertaking when I sponsored her (that I agree to support her for 5 years) if she manages or decides to come to canada. 3) if she fails to complete her time as stipulated by her PR card does it simply expire or can she reapply for one again despite no longer being my spouse.
Thanks

Culte
8/25/2020
Topic:
Ex spousal PR card

Cultecfho
Cultecfho
Hello,

I had sponsored my wife (at the time)who received her PR card back in June 2018 and she landed in canada in August 2018; stayed for 2 weeks then left canada. She came for 2-4 week intervals thereafter. During the course of time differences developed, it was found that here intentions for marriages were not genuine and the relationship fell apart, once she got her PR card she cut off communication. She has not returned to Canada since. In total she has spent around 3 months in canada since first being issued her PR card and her first visit back in August 2018. I have since applied for a divorce as of June 2020. My understanding is that divorce has no bearing on her PR card status. I had several questions:

1) If I believe her intentions vis a vis the terms of our marriage were fraudulent/non genuine do I need to report her?

2) Can she still come here and I would be responsible for her financially as part of my initial undertaking when I sponsored her (that I agree to support her for 5 years as part of her PR status) if she decides to come to canada.

3) if she fails to complete her time as stipulated by her PR card does it simply expire or can she reapply for one again despite no longer being my spouse.

4) can she renew her PR card status despite no longer being my spouse

Thanks

Culte