Lost password

RoxasTheNobody

all messages by user

1/16/2021
Topic:
Sponsoring my spouse and ODSP

RoxasTheNobody
RoxasTheNobody
Hi there! I'm wondering if you ever heard anything back about this? I just got my PR and I'm in the exact same boat and it's so confusing and frustrating.
1/16/2021
Topic:
Sponsoring my spouse and ODSP

RoxasTheNobody
RoxasTheNobody
My husbands ODSP worker is still insisting that I'm all okay to be added to his benefit unit but I'm worried about my husband and I owing a federal debt
1/16/2021
Topic:
ODSP SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

RoxasTheNobody
RoxasTheNobody
Hi there, I have a bit of an odd situation I hope you can help.

I've just received my Permanent Residencey!

My husband is on ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program) and he's sponsoring me as a permanent resident and I'm aware he's in a legally binding agreement to provide for my basic needs for a period of 3 years.

His ODSP worker is wanting to add me to his ODSP benefit unit which means that his ODSP would go up slightly and I'd be eligible for additional medical coverage and whatnot but I'm not entirely sure if that's supposed to happen due to the sponsorship agreement as I've read that if I as a sponsored immigrant claim any form of welfare during the sponsor period than my husband would owe it as a federal debt.

The ODSP worker said that this shouldn't be a problem because as a permanent resident I'm eligible for ODSP and also I'm also not the main recipient in the benefit unit so it shouldn't result in a debt.

I'm getting mixed messages as I don't think they have a clear indication on what the directives are and I don't want to do anything wrong in regards to the sponsorship agreement.

I hope you're able to help or give me some advice in regards to this!

Kind regards,