Lost password

Oxman1973

all messages by user

2/15/2021
Topic:
Employment Rights

Oxman1973
Oxman1973
Hi I have a question regarding my Human Rights on disability discrimination pertaining drug test.

I was suspended then fired 3 months ago because a fellow co-worker told my Manager I was doing drugs at work and I failed the drug test. I'll make this clear I wasn't ! My Manager also mentioned I had to take a post incident drug test because of a minor fender bender 10 days prior that I was suspended 3 days for I booked the rest of the time off for holidays and was told at the time of the incident I didn't have to take a drug test and then she lays this on me.

While I was serving a paid suspension I sent my Manager a heartfelt text saying I love my job and scared to lose it so I'm asking for help if I'm dealing with addiction due to mental health issues in the text I asked her twice for help she replied back saying i should wait until a Doctor at a lab that was testing my urine sample for opiates talks to me first I reply back ok then I ask her agin for help she fluffs me off.

4 days later I'm being fired and when I mentioned I had asked for help she told me it was too late to ask because I was suspended and I only asked because I knew I was going to be in trouble and was just covering my ass.

I would like to know was I too late in asking for help? I was still an employee at the time even though I was suspended.

My position was a Garbage Truck driver a safety sensitive position.