Kalandar

all messages by user

10/28/2022
Topic:
In person interview in local office for PR card

Kalandar
Kalandar
Need your expert advise in this situation

Last year I was stuck in my home country for 1 year 8 months due to pandemic and my PR card was about to expire hence I applied for my PR card renewal from my home country in April 2021 and came back to Canada in July 1 2021. My total days in Canada were 733 in the last 5 years from the time I applied. Now after waiting for over one and half years I am getting a letter from IRCC on October 25, 2022 for an in-person attendance on Nov 17, 2022 and then after the examination the office will determine if they would issue me a 5-year or 1-year PR card. I am asked to carry all the documents including residency proofs.

The letter says " In order for IRCC to determine if the PR card that was created for you has the appropriate period of validity and can be distributed to you, or if a PR card of a different validity period should be prepared and issued to you, your attendance is required, as per subsection 58(3) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR):....

I have added 450 plus days after returning to Canada with a job in hand, and calculating 5 years prior from the the day of interview the number of days I am in Canada is more than 1022, based on this case, can I be issued a PR card with a 5 year validity or they can still report me due to not meeting my residency obligation based on the days I had at the time of application.

Would appreciate your advice on what can be done in this situation to retain my permanent residence status and convince the officers