adilhusain

all messages by user

6/1/2023
Topic:
Alias Name removed from my Passport

adilhusain
adilhusain
Hi Syed

Though this thread is very old, I thought your experience of returning to Canada will still be helpful to people having similar issues. Do you mind sharing how did the immigration process for you go at the Indian airport and on arriving in Canada? Did you face any problems? Did the immigration offices in both the countries require any additional documents from you?

My father is planning to visit me and is in a similar situation where the Canadian visa includes his alias (from his old passport) while the new passport doesn't have the alias. He's pretty anxious about the trip.

Your feedback will be much appreciated!

Shahenshah wrote:
Hi Anna,

As indicated in the other thread, I discussed this issue with the CIC agent who resolved this concern. CIC does not consider my new passport name, and my identity in Canada will always remain as what is mentioned on my COPR document.

In this particular case, I was advised to travel as is without making any changes carrying both my passports. If the name change has occurred outside of Canada then I was directed to get carry the appropriate govt. document attesting this change. Also to enter Canada in this situation, like you mentioned I was advised to travel using a PRTD. However I am not clear at the moment, what name should be used while applying for this document the name as per my previous passport or as per the new one. Any advise on this is much appreciated.

Once again, thank you so much for giving me the right direction. It has been a huge relief getting these issues resolved being in my home country!