Lost password

Lisa dolley

all messages by user

1/2/2024
Topic:
Major repair & temporarily moving out

Lisa dolley
Lisa dolley
Hi there I have a question my husband and I rent an upstairs apartment in a house and two weeks ago on Dec 18th we had a major sewage flood in the downstairs apartment which there is no tenant living there thankfully. We notified the landlord the next morning and made him aware of this sewage flood and it took him almost two days to have it pumped out so we had to smell this for two days. Due to the result of the flood the furnace is not working nor the hot water tank is no longer working he told us he would have someone come in and have a look at them but it was getting close to Christmas now so it may be hard to do that.well.Christmas eve a gentleman come to the rental property and had a look at just the furnace had it running for a few days and it stopped working note we still have no hot water yet so I texted the landlord again telling him that it’s ridiculous it’s been almost a week now and still no hot water or heat he told me he called Enercare and they told him there backed up from the holidays they will schedule us soon we’ll I just got off the phone with Enercare and they tell me there was no phone call placed from our landlord nor does he even rent the hot water tank off them it’s now been two weeks without heat or hot water now yes we r behind on our rent which is why we think our landlord is doing this to us but according to the ltb even if ur behind on rent he should not be with holding these vital services from us so what should I do next I’m very angry and I believe have been very patient considering not to mention he hasn’t even ripped out the flooring or carpet etc nothing has been done so we r living with a terrible smell and mold and toxins we r breathing in and I’m highly allergic to mold so what should b my next step.