sappio

all messages by user

4/17/2024
Topic:
LONG FORM CITIZENSHIP REPLACEMENT

sappio
sappio
Hello,
I have submitted my application to request a copy of the LONG FORM CITIZENSHIP copy that I need to submit to the Italian Consulate.
The application was returned to me stating that I had not enclosed the original Canadian citizenship/naturalization certificates and any pink slip transmission copy that was previously issued.

I sent back a letter advising them that I do not have those documents in my possession, hence the reason I am asking for the copy.
They sent the application back again as incomplete.

Am I doing something wrong? I cannot get through to the IRCC customer service agents. Is there another agency that can help me?

I look forward to your response and assistance.

Thank you

Steffannee
16 days ago
Topic:
LONG FORM CITIZENSHIP REPLACEMENT

sappio
sappio
Thank you to all that have assisted me and provided a response, much appreciated.

steff

alexcray wrote:
sappio wrote:
Hello,
I have submitted my application to request a copy of the LONG FORM CITIZENSHIP copy that I need to submit to the Italian Consulate.
The application was returned to me stating that I had not enclosed the original Canadian citizenship/naturalization certificates and any pink slip transmission copy that was previously issued.

I sent back a letter advising them that I do not have those documents in my possession, hence the reason I am asking for the copy.
They sent the application back again as incomplete.

Am I doing something wrong? I cannot get through to the IRCC customer service agents. Is there another agency that can help me?

I look forward to your response and assistance.

Thank you

Steffannee

It sounds like you're experiencing difficulties with your application for a copy of your long-form citizenship certificate. It's frustrating to encounter obstacles, especially when trying to reach customer service for assistance. Here are a few suggestions to help you navigate this situation:
  • Review Application Requirements: Double-check the requirements for requesting a copy of your long-form citizenship certificate to ensure you've included all necessary documents and information. Sometimes, missing documents or incorrect information can cause applications to be returned as incomplete.
  • Seek Alternative Contact Methods: If you're having trouble reaching IRCC customer service by phone, try reaching out through other contact methods, such as email or online inquiry forms. Check the IRCC website for specific contact information and instructions.
  • Contact the Italian Consulate: Since you need the long-form citizenship certificate for submission to the Italian Consulate, consider contacting the consulate directly to explain your situation and seek guidance on how to proceed. They may be able to provide assistance or advice on alternative documentation that could be accepted.
  • Legal Assistance: If you continue to encounter difficulties and are unsure how to proceed, consider seeking legal assistance from an immigration lawyer or consultant. They can review your situation, provide guidance on next steps, and potentially assist with resolving any issues with your application.
  • Patience and Persistence: Dealing with bureaucratic processes can be frustrating, but it's important to remain patient and persistent. Keep thorough records of your communications and documentation, and continue to follow up until your application is successfully processed.