Lost password

MLI

all messages by user

7/17/2014
Topic:
Problems with Ontario Works

MLI
MLI
I don't know if I am in the right place, but I recently filed for welfare and was sent a letter saying I am eligible. However, I have not yet received any money. When I checked on the interactive phone service, I was told two cheques had been sent to be (July 4 and July 8) ... both for zero dollars.

I understand the caseworkers can't drop everything when the phone rings, but my caseworker's answering machine says she will return your call within 2 business days. A week or so ago I left her a message and never got a response at all.

I have since left her a second message about the non-receipt of money but I don't hold out much hope that I will get a response to that either. At present I have only 8 hours of work a week; that's $88 a week before taxes. I need to get this sorted as quickly as possible.

I have also emailed the Social Services department in my city (just did that now so won't get an answer until tomorrow, if then).

If I don't hear back from my caseworker, where else can I go to find out what the problem is and get it straightened out?

Thank you.