rowin1

all messages by user

11/24/2014
Topic:
Immigration Loan Late Payment - Sponsorship

rowin1
rowin1
Hello fellas,

My sister is sponsoring her spouse who lives outside of Canada. She has a little bit of concern over a question in the sponsor eligibility of the sponsorship form. As per the question, she can not sponsor anyone if she has late immigration loan payment.

Her situation:

Entered Canada on November 2011
Cleared all immigration loans: October 2014 (Three years)
She was 20 years old when she entered Canada.

She made some payments during the first two years (about 45%) and paid the rest in October 2014.

The question is that is she still able to sponsor her spouse?

Thank you all,
11/25/2014
Topic:
Immigration Loan Late Payment - Sponsorship

rowin1
rowin1
Hello Anna,

Thank you very much for your response and your explanation. I appreciate your time and effort.

We will contact CIC call centre directly to confirm this situation.

Thanks,
3/9/2015
Topic:
Proof of Language

rowin1
rowin1
Hi,

I am applying for Canadian citizenship soon and have a question regarding Proof of Language.

of the acceptable proofs of language in the Application guide, is a Diploma/Certificate or Transcript of a Secondary or post-secondary program conducted in English or French. What I have is a certificate from an English training institute with a completion period of two year which was taken abroad while I was waiting for my Canadian immigration process.

I am not sure if that is acceptable because the training institute was one of the many available local English language training institute and not sure if it is recognizable.

Beside the certificate, I recently received a letter from the same English institute confirming that I have been enrolled in a two-year English Course.

I consider my English skill as "Very Good", I have been working in English-Spoken environments for years and my job as a computer programmer completely depends in English.

Do you think the certificate or confirmation letter will work or do I need to provide more proof? I understand that I can always go through a testing system, but wanted to make sure if I really have to do that.

Any help is highly appreciated,
Thanks in Advance.

Rowin.