Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

hansinii

all messages by user

2/23/2015
Topic:
Can my Husband stop me from Entering Canada?

hansinii
hansinii
Hi all

I am a permanent resident since January 2013.

I am in my home country now for a short stay. I am suppose to go back to canada on 29th April.

My husband called me yesterday and told me he want to end the marriage and he is sending the divorce papers via a lawyer.

We were married since January 201 and lived together in the same house since January 2013. We do not have kids

Can he stop me entering to Canada?

What should I do?

All your advises are welcome and much appreciated.
2/28/2015
Topic:

hansinii
hansinii
Hi Klaus

Thank you for your reply

It is really helpful.

I am going to come to canada as I have planned. I can not tell my parents yet about this mess, cause my mother just got diagnosed for a Leukemia (AML)

I think he dropped me just the moment i need him. Specially with emotional and financial support to cure my mother.

I will find a place to live and will come to canada as i have planned.

I will not talk to a lawyer from my country yet. I might not talk to his lawyer too. Because with all the things going on in my life I might end up being exploited to the core.

I have all my belongings in the house we shared. I have to go there and collect them or arrange to collect them too.

He is trying to sponsor his parents and sister's family. So i dont think he will do anything crazy to upset his chances.

All he wants me to do is to disappear without giving him any social, legal or financial burden.

I was with him from 24th Jan 2013 till 01st Feb 2015 in the same house. And my sponsorship has not reached 3 years yet.

So i believe he still is under obligation.

2/28/2015
Topic:

hansinii
hansinii
Thank you for your reply

My PR card does not have a clause 51.

And I lived with his from the day i enter to canada (23rd Jan 2013)till 01st feb 2015. Which means i was not away.

Also my 3 years of sponsorship ends in January 24th, 2016

Am i SAFE?

i can come to without telling him and find a place to stay and start my life again. But i have not much of financial strength to do that. I only got my return ticket and that is all about it.

I am worried to go to a lawyer cause it costs a lot

I still did not talk to his lawyer thinking that if i do it on my own i will make a mess out of it.