Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

salkabontario

all messages by user

4/14/2015
Topic:
How long does it take to process new PR Cards?

salkabontario
salkabontario
Hi,

1) I landed on April 3, 2015. I have updated my mailing address online on April 3, 2015. Still the address is not updated on my eCAS and also the status showing on eCAS is very old. Should I expect update on status in sometime? Also advise me which ID I should use to check status?

2) Currently I am using UCI and Immigration File number, whereas there are option to use Confirmation of Permanent Residence Document and Proof of Landing document reference. I tried searching with these two documents but not able to find.

3) Further, I saw one question by a member in which he left Canada without PR as he waited for 6 weeks and couldn't get the card. His friend received a letter from CIC to submit photos within 180 days. In this case, is it possible to check from CIC if they need photos or any other document as I also have to go in 6 weeks time. I am just worried in case if I don't get my card and what if they request for any photos?

Appreciate your advice on these 3 issues.

Thanks

-SK-
6/4/2015
Topic:
PR card Status on ECAS and Processing Delay

salkabontario
salkabontario
Me and my family landed on 2nd April 2105 at Pearson Int'l Airport Toronto. Up til now I have not received our PR cards and when I called the call center the office told me that the application will be sent for printing tomorrow (10 days back) and it should be received soon. Now I saw the average processing time is 57 calendar days and its been 63 days for us and cards are not received. Please advise if I need to take any action on this or wait for some more time.

Second thing is I checked my ECAS but the status is same old that used to be before issuance of visa and even the mailing address is not updated on ECAS whereas when I called call center the address is updated. Please also let me know how to view updated status of PR card on ECAS?

Thanks,

SKA

-SK-
11/2/2015
Topic:
GST/HST Credit

salkabontario
salkabontario
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please advise me if I am eligible for the credit of GST/HST if I don't live in Canada. I left with family a month ago and I am getting credit for GST/HST. I am not getting credit for Child Tax benefit as I received one communication from CRA that we are not eligible for CTB as we are not meeting residence requirement. I don't know what is the criteria for that but I didn't appeal for the credit as I don't want CTB now. However, I am getting GST and HST at the end of month that also I am not sure if I am eligible or not. I want to know if I don't live in Canada then I am entitled for this? If I am not entitled then what would be the process for return or to request to stop crediting the credit.

Please advise.

Thanks

-SK-
11/2/2015
Topic:
183 Days in Each Calendar Year - Citizenship

salkabontario
salkabontario
Dear Sir/Madam,

Appreciate if you can clarify a situation in which I become PR on Aug 2015 and want to apply for citizenship after completion of 4 years requirement.

Suppose I complete 4 years on Aug 31, 2019 but failed to comply with 183 days in 2015.

Will I be qualify for citizenship or I have to spend one more year to apply for citizenship?

Appreciate clarification on the same.

-SK-
11/8/2015
Topic:
183 Days in Each Calendar Year - Citizenship

salkabontario
salkabontario
Hi PMM,

I am still not clear. Allow me to put the question this way.

I become PR on Oct 20, 2015. Will I be eligible for citizenship on Oct 20, 2019 provided I don't leave Canada for one day? Will I meet the requirement of 183 days in each calendar year of last 4 years?

-SK-
4/28/2016
Topic:
How can I contact CRA from Outside Canada?

salkabontario
salkabontario
Hi,

I am a landed immigrant and last year I landed to Canada.

Shortly after my landing after 2 months I left Canada with family and still I am out of canada since then.

I just noticed in my bank account that I am getting GST and PRO.

Since I am out of canada meaning not a resident for tax purposes; with this view I want to return the credit that I have received.

Please advise how to proceed in this regard. For CRA, how to reach them and what information is needed to return the funds.

Thanks