Lost password

bouellette44

all messages by user

5/20/2017
Topic:
Permanent Residency Question

bouellette44
bouellette44
I have applied for Permanent Residency under the Spousal Family Sponsorship program. I also applied for and received my Open Work Permit in November 2016; however, my passport expired after applying for PR and I had to renew my passport. I sent in the new passport information to CIC for the PR, but was unable to get it to be applied to the work permit in time, therefore, my work permit expires in June 2017. I sent in my Open Work Permit extension with the new passport. I am still looking for a job and have an interview this week. I understand I will have implied status once my current work permit expires since I have made application to extend the work permit well in advance of the 90 days. What are the chances that a work permit extension will denied. I am quite worried and hopefully, if offered the position, the employer will understand my implied status. I did call CIC and spoke with someone who said that I should have no problems since I applied under Family Sponsorship, spouse. Please advise as I am quite worried.

Thank you,
Brian