Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

Kanefinnegan

all messages by user

12/1/2017
Topic:
PR Card not arrived after 110 days. Due to travel.

Kanefinnegan
Kanefinnegan
Hi,

I am hoping someone can give me some advice or can share a similar experience…
I arrived in Canada with PR status on 24th July 2017 and am yet to receive my PR card. I believe I have exhausted all avenues or trying to find out my info about application, I have:
Called the IRCC helpline over 100 times without being able to speak to an agent
  • Emailed the IRCC through the suggested web form without receiving anything other than automated responses 12 working days ago.
  • Sent a solemn declaration to the office in Nova Scotia, declaring a card was never received around 1 month ago.
  • Called the British consulate (I am British), who were unable to help
  • Spoken to the VAC office in London about processing a temporary travel document whilst I am in the UK. As I will only be back in UK for a few days and they need my original passport I will not be able to get it processed in time over the holiday period.
For clarification, I have not changed address since moving to Canada. I will be traveling from 21st Dec 2017 to 1st Jan 2018.
At this point I believe my only option is to travel without my PR card and present my confirmation of PR document along with evidence if being a PR of Canada (work contract, driving license, health card and tenancy agreement).
Does anyone have any advice as to:
- How likely it is that I get through immigration without my PR card?
- Anything else I can do to find out the status of my PR card?
Thanks,
Kane