srinivas

all messages by user

1/23/2018
Topic:
Leaving Canada without PR Card

srinivas
srinivas
I am also in a similar situation.

I got immigrant stamping on my visa and it is a one time stamping. I cannot migrate to Canada Immediately but would like to apply for PR card. I understand from the previous reply that it is possible to return to my home country. But I have seen some posts mentioning the the PR card is RFID enabled and can be detected by customs if someone is carrying it, or is being couriered. Will there be a possibility of customs officers seizing the PR card if detected. Would be great if someone could answer this question.

Thanks in advance.

ruldamaan wrote:
suren1184 wrote:
Need your esteemed advice on the below points URGENTLY.

1) Need to know the exact timeline of getting PR card in hand in our mailing address in Canada after landing in Canada and providing all necessary info at the airport.

2) Once I land in Canada, can I return to India within 2-3 weeks without getting PR card and while my wife who receives PR card on my behalf in our mailing address can then at later point come to India and give it to me so that I can re-enter Canada. Is this possible ? In the sense, can I fly out of Canada without PR card and enter it again once I have it with me. Will there be any issue at the immigration at Canada airport when I fly out without PR card ???

Please answer. This is very very urgent. Thanks a lot.

Ans: 1. Currently it is taking approx 45-50 days (after your landing date) for CIC to pick your application for PR Card.
2. Yes you can leave Canada without your PR card in hand. And yes your wife can collect your card and bring it with her to India. There will be no issue and no question would be asked if you fly without card. But to enter Canada again you must have your PR card or PRTD.