Lost password

KelvinN

all messages by user

3/12/2018
Topic:
Complete Steps To PR Application

KelvinN
KelvinN
I am getting a bit flustered with the overload of information I am finding online on the government site.

I am Canadian and my wife is Thai. She just arrived from Thailand and we are planning on getting her Permanent Residency Card and a Work Permit. I am also working full time.

I would like to sponsor my wife and get both the PR application and the Work Permit Application for her.

My question is what are the EXACT steps that need to be taken initially to get the application going?

Does she need to apply to become an Immigrant first?

Can we apply totally online? Should we go see someone at the immigration office in the Vancouver area?

Any and all information regarding the process would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
2/5/2024
Topic:
English Public Elementary & Secondary Enrollment

KelvinN
KelvinN
For a September start in Ontario public schools, it's best to register your kids in the spring or early summer (April to June) of the same year. School boards usually remain open in summer (July and August) for late registrations, but earlier is preferable. You'll need documents like proof of age, residency, and immunization records for registration.
2/5/2024
Topic:
Dorm for School students

KelvinN
KelvinN
Hi, so these schools provide full-time boarding options, where students can live on campus throughout the school year:

St. Andrew's College (Aurora)
Upper Canada College (Toronto)
Branksome Hall (Toronto)
Appleby College (Oakville)

Contact the schools directly or visit their websites for specific information regarding their boarding facilities and programs.
2/5/2024
Topic:
Enroll Kids in Kindergarten

KelvinN
KelvinN
Enrolling your 4-year-old in kindergarten in Ottawa while on a tourist visa for a short-term English course can be difficult. Public schools typically require residency, but private schools may have different policies. Essential documents usually include your child's birth certificate, immunization records, and potentially proof of your residency status. Check with specific schools for their requirements and consider consulting with immigration experts for advice on your visa conditions and eligibility.
2/5/2024
Topic:
Driver's license

KelvinN
KelvinN
Yes, you should report your lost Ontario driver's license to Service Ontario, even if you're not currently in Canada. This helps prevent potential misuse or identity theft. You can usually report it and request a replacement online or by phone. Check Service Ontario's website or contact them for the specific process from abroad. It's better not to wait until you return, especially if it's not going to be soon.
2/5/2024
Topic:
Divorce Out side of Canada

KelvinN
KelvinN
Your divorce is generally recognized in Canada if it was legally obtained in your home country. You don't need to get divorced again in Ontario. It's a good idea to consult a legal professional to ensure your divorce meets all necessary criteria for recognition in Canada.
2/5/2024
Topic:
Visa for Marriage?

KelvinN
KelvinN
Your boyfriend can get married to you in Canada while visiting, without needing a specific visa. As long as he can legally enter Canada, either with a visitor's visa or under the Visa Waiver Program, you can proceed with the marriage.