Lost password

gcheaddress

all messages by user

9/10/2018
Topic:
Missed citizenship test-no notice phone mail email

gcheaddress
gcheaddress
Has anyone heard anything. what were your final outcomes thus far?
Just Thursday this happen to me. I had gotten one email from them back in March stating my application was accepted and to download the study guide then nothing. September is the 6 month mark and everyone I talk to who have taken the test have told me if I havent heard anything to check online application statue around the 6 month mark, so I did. When I saw that they had sent me a letter via email about my test date (which I never got) my heart just sunk. I had 30 days to get back to them about why i didn't make it and Thursday was day 22, talk about close one. I sat on the phone for 45 mins for them to send me the web form application. I sent it and now just waiting to see what happens next.
PLEASE tell me things got situated for you all in a timely manner.
thanks
9/19/2018
Topic:
Re-schedule Citizenship Test or Miss it?

gcheaddress
gcheaddress
I understand this is a long time ago, but has this situation resolved? If it has how long did it finally take to hear back from the government? I'm just trying to gag how long this might take me as I have tried several times to get a hold of them with web form and phone but no one can tell me anything on phone they just tell me to go to web form and fill it out again. and I haven't heard anything via email or Canada post and I check daily for both. I cant believe how slow this process is. Hope to hear from you.
Gale oceankairouan wrote:
Hi,

I am in a special situation. After I applied for the citizenship (Montreal office), I had to miss a first exam convocation due to being abroad taking care of a family member. In my letter I told them that I am available after April.

Now , I am back to Canada and I changed my address 2 weeks ago and 2 days after I changed my address online they sent me a second notice to write the exam. the problem is that they sent my notice to my old mailing address even if it was already changed online and I only came to know 2 days before the exam.

I am currently in West Canada for an internship and prefer to have another chance to write the exam :

Do you think it is better to :

1- miss the exam and send them a letter telling that they sent my exam to an older address and I got no time to come or

2-call CIC by phone and re-schedule the exam for a 3rd time ?

I am afraid if I call them, they will not accept my reason even if I am still in Canada.

Any suggestions for the best option, especially that this is the second time I had to bypass the exam !