Lost password

Thomas1

all messages by user

6/7/2021
Topic:
PR card renewal during travel ban

Thomas1
Thomas1
This is a question for PR card renewal for my mother who is in India currently. Her PR card expires in mid July 2021 and she has not met the 730 days requirement due to Covid and other health reasons. There is a possibility that the travel ban from India could be extended.

In case the travel ban is lifted and she wants to get the PR card renewal done in Canada:
Is she allowed to come to Canada before July 15th. Will the flights allow her to travel to Canada with a soon to expire PR card?

Post expiry of PR card in July, is she allowed to travel outside Canada before getting the actual PR card? Will the flights allow her to board with an expired PR card in case she has to return to India before actually getting the PR card in hand?

In case the travel ban gets extended
In this case, she will not able to travel here before July 15 and she might have to apply for a PRTD post July. Because she has not met the 730 days will her PRTD get rejected?

Once she comes here, if there is a delay in processing, can she come here, apply and return before getting the actual card?
1/10/2023
Topic:
PR Card renewal

Thomas1
Thomas1
I applied for PR card renewal for my mother in January 2022. She did not meet the residency requirements due to Covid impact. When I checked status in early December 2022, it says "decision made". I read on their website that when it says decision made, ideally they would let us know within 4 weeks whether the PR card renewal application was accepted or rejected. However, its more than 4 weeks and nothing has come from the government. . Its been more than a year since I applied for PR card renewal. Where should I follow up? Is there an email, forum or board to check this with the government. Nobody picks up the phone.
2/10/2023
Topic:
PR card pick up date issue

Thomas1
Thomas1
Hello,
I have received a mail from CIC asking to pick up PR card in person on 10 Mar (appointment date). However, my mother is in India and will need a PRTD to arrive, which I believe will take atleast 2 to 3 months to get. In that case, she will miss the appointment on 10 Mar. It says in the mail that PR card can be picked up within 180 days.

What do I need to reschedule the appointment closer to the date that she arrives? Right now, I dont know when she will be able to arrive since we dont have the PRTD in hand yet.
2/16/2023
Topic:
Application for PRTD- Do we need photos

Thomas1
Thomas1
While applying for PRTD ONLINE, do we need to upload any photos? In the document checklist, Photos are mentioned under "Applying for PR card" but I dont see photos mentioned under "Applying for PRTD" section. Please let me know
5/5/2023
Topic:
PR card rejected. Should I appeal?

Thomas1
Thomas1
I had applied for PR renewal without meeting the residency requirements, explaining to give me PR renewal on a compassionate basis and the immigration office in Canada provided an appointment to pick up the PR card. I have only stayed 5 months in Canada instead of 2 years . However, since I am outside Canada, when I applied for a PRTD travel document to come to Canada, the local office who processes the PRTD rejected my PRTD application stating that I do not meet the residency requirements and will not be granted PR renewal. They said they also evaluated my application under compassionate basis and said I dont meet the reasons for compassionate as well. I have 60 days to appeal the decision which also a cumbersome process of getting minister approval etc., My question, usually if we go for appeal in such cases, is there any hope at all? Has anyone in this forum done it successfully. If there is no point, then I might as well renounce my PR and apply for super visa.