ninetteka

all messages by user

8/1/2023
Topic:
Renew PR Card and proof of residency

ninetteka
ninetteka
Hi,

My mother is 82 years old and her PR card expired 1 year ago (July 2022).
She received her PR on July 5, 2017, then she went to back to Indonesia on July 10 2017. Covid hit and she finally was able to come back to Canada on July 6, 2020.

I am planning to renew her PR. Now its Aug 1 2023, and based on my calculation, she meets the residency obligation in the past 5 years. She has been here for over 3 years (more than 730 days).

I read the Guide IMM 5445 but I am not really clear. She has been a permanent resident for 5 years or more.

My questions :

1. Does she still need to provide a proof showing that she meet the residency obligation?
2. if yes, she does not have any supporting documents that listed in Appendix A.
She lives with me, I cover all her expenses, etc, so she does not have employment records, CRA , rental agreement, club membership and she does not take any benefits from Canadian goverment.
what would be "any other documents" that she can show that she lives here? she has a bank account - but I just opened for her recently, she goes to see the family doctor pretty regular for check-ups, etc, but I am not sure how to show this either to the goverment.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-gender-identifier.html#appendixA
Any input or help is highly appreciated.

Thank you so much!!

NN.