Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeSponsoring Family

Sponsorship of parents, children, spouses (common-law, conjugal, same sex), refugees.

PR for Child Born outside Canada to PRs 

skupa
skupa

Posted On: 12 days ago
skupa
skupa
Hi,

Me, my wife and my daughter are all permanent residents of Canada and all of us have completed 2+ years (out of 5 years) residency obligation.

My wife is pregnant and is currently in India where we plan to have our 2nd child born.

Could you kindly advise me on the process on how soon I can bring the new born back to Canada on PR or any other option where he/she would be eligible for healthcare as well ?

If I have to sponsor from within Canada:

Can I start the sponsorship process?

And leave Canada to stay with my family in India and come back once the application is approved ?

Thanks & Regards.
link
PMM
PMM

Posted On: 11 days ago
PMM
PMM
HI

skupa wrote:
Hi,

Me, my wife and my daughter are all permanent residents of Canada and all of us have completed 2+ years (out of 5 years) residency obligation.

My wife is pregnant and is currently in India where we plan to have our 2nd child born.

Could you kindly advise me on the process on how soon I can bring the new born back to Canada on PR or any other option where he/she would be eligible for healthcare as well ?

If I have to sponsor from within Canada:

Can I start the sponsorship process?

And leave Canada to stay with my family in India and come back once the application is approved ?

Thanks & Regards.

1. You can apply for a TRV for the child, but it is unlikely to be issued as the child's intention is to become a permanent resident.
2. Once the child is born, you would have to return to Canada to submit a sponsorship application.

3. If the child is admitted as a visitor, s/he would not be eligible for health care until s/he becomes a PR. If admitted as a Permanent resident, after processing abroad, s/he would either be eligible for health immediately, or would have to wait 3 months depending on the province.

4. As you are PR you must remain in Canada during the processing of the application.
link
skupa
skupa

Posted On: 9 days ago
skupa
skupa
Thank you!
link