Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Can I file a complaint against WES? 

aslamh0216
aslamh0216

Posted On: 12/13/2020
aslamh0216
aslamh0216
Hello,

I have submitted a request to WES for my IRCC ECA, I have a 2 years Bachelor of Arts Degree or 14 years of education and then 3 years professional law degree which is equivalent to professional degree in Canada or 17 years of education or Master Degree, WES has given me ECA equivalent to Canadian Bachelor Degree, I have send them many emails but they are not responding to any email, I have contacted to IQAS and ICAS and they both consider my degree as professional degree but unfortunately now I have wasted so much time and money on WES evaluation.
WES has been behaving like a bully, they do not realize my future is hanging due to their irresponsible bullying behavior.
My brother is a Lawyer in Toronto, I am just wondering if their is any regulatory body which I can contact to file an official complaint against WES?
Also if a complaint can be made to IRCC in this regard as WES is authorized by them?
In addition to that if WES services fall under Ontario Consumer protection?
I want to use my brother as a last resort to file a case against WES in court for bullying people and ruining their future and I plan to cover it under class action lawsuit and I will definitely have more than enough people who will be ready to join my cause.
If my message could be conveyed to WES by settlement.org I will highly appreciate that, in addition to that If I can get any above required information regarding a formal complaint process against WES, that would be highly appreciated as well.
Thanks & Peace!
link
Priya C M
Priya C M

Posted On: 12/14/2020
Priya C M
Priya C M
Hi, past week I received my wes evaluation report and it mentioned that, Bachelor's Degree (3 year's) and two bachelor's degree(4 years).

I finished BCOM from Mahatma Gandhi University and it is considered as 3 years bachelor's degree

MCOM from Mahatma Gandhi university and it is considered as 4 years bachelor's degree.

MBA from Indira Gandhi open university and it is considered again 4 year's bachelor's degree.

My total year of education is 19.5.

Apart from this, In the "educational terms used in WES evaluations" states that for a Master's Degree, a post-baccalaureate degree in a specified field, awarded on the basis of completion of coursework (usually 1-3 years of study) and often a written thesis or project. Based on this, in my case, I have done Master of Business Administration (MBA) and done a project under this course which is equivalent to 2 courses/course code: MS100 project work as per the Indira Gandhi National Open University mark list.

My WES reference number is:4487951

I hope I am eligible for a Masters degree. But i have no idea, how to approach wes for the same. Could you please help me? Because I am lost a lot of points in express entry.
link

Posted On: 12/31/2020
Hello There,

Thank you for sharing your situation and question with us.

We appreciate that you would be interested in this type of information. We understand that the outcome of your report may cause concern. Unfortunately, we are not affiliated with WES directly and cannot relay your request. It is best that you contact WES for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

You may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report particularly useful.

Here is an excerpt:
Submitting Application for Evaluations

We hope that other users will be able to share their experience with you regarding status changes. You may also be interested in Settlement.Org articles on Credential Evaluation, this may offer more insight on getting your credentials assessed and referrals for other institutions providing the same service.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link