Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

HomeUniversity and College Education

Colleges, Universities and Institutes, Evaluating Educational Credentials...

Credential Evaluation 

charuphull
charuphull

Posted On: 3/4/2021
charuphull
charuphull
My International Credentials are evaluated by the Ontario College of Teachers and issued me a License to teach in Ontario after studying few courses from the University of Toronto. These credentials were evaluated and assessed the same way as done by WES.

My question is that, Do I need to get my credential evaluation again from WES if I plan to study further from Durham College? As they ask credentials to be evaluated by WES?

Thanks
link

Posted On: 3/5/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question and situation with us.

In the Admissions section of Durham College's website, they outline the credential evaluation requirements:
EQUIVALENT ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
If you already have a Credential Assessment Report issued by World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS), contact the agency to see if the report can be forwarded to OCAS (Ontario Colleges Application Service). They will distribute the results to all the Colleges you have applied to.
You will be required to submit either a post graduate comprehensive – course by course report from ICAS or a comprehensive report from WES. This assessment must be received at ontariocolleges.ca on or before February 1 for fall start, October 1 for winter start and January 1 for spring start to be considered for the oversubscribed programs. In some cases the assessment could take as long as 5 weeks. We suggest that you submit both your Secondary (High School) documents report and Post Secondary (College/University) documents; this will assist Durham College in assessing your marks for entry.
To obtain a Credential Assessment Report visit either ICAS (1.800.321.6021) or WES (1.866.343.0070) for information about obtaining a report and having it transmitted to Colleges. Additional information is also available at ontariocolleges.ca.

OntarioColleges.ca will accept credential assessment reports from ICAS, WES, or CES, however some colleges have preferences with regard to which services they accept reports from. We spoke to a representative at Durham College, and they only accept reports from ICAS or WES. If you would like to confirm this information, please call Durham College's registrars office at 905-721-3000 or e-mail [email protected].

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
charuphull
charuphull

Posted On: 3/9/2021
charuphull
charuphull
Your Answers have NO BASE.

Moderator wrote:
Hi there,

In the Admissions section of Durham College's website, they outline the credential evaluation requirements:
EQUIVALENT ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS OUTSIDE OF CANADA
If you already have a Credential Assessment Report issued by World Education Services (WES) or International Credential Assessment Service (ICAS), contact the agency to see if the report can be forwarded to OCAS (Ontario Colleges Application Service). They will distribute the results to all the Colleges you have applied to.
You will be required to submit either a post graduate comprehensive – course by course report from ICAS or a comprehensive report from WES. This assessment must be received at ontariocolleges.ca on or before February 1 for fall start, October 1 for winter start and January 1 for spring start to be considered for the oversubscribed programs. In some cases the assessment could take as long as 5 weeks. We suggest that you submit both your Secondary (High School) documents report and Post Secondary (College/University) documents; this will assist Durham College in assessing your marks for entry.
To obtain a Credential Assessment Report visit either ICAS (1.800.321.6021) or WES (1.866.343.0070) for information about obtaining a report and having it transmitted to Colleges. Additional information is also available at ontariocolleges.ca.

OntarioColleges.ca will accept credential assessment reports from ICAS, WES, or CES, however some colleges have preferences with regard to which services they accept reports from. We spoke to a representative at Durham College, and they only accept reports from ICAS or WES. If you would like to confirm this information, please call Durham College's registrars office at 905-721-3000 or e-mail [email protected].

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link

Posted On: 3/9/2021
Hi there,

Thank you for following up with us regarding your concern. We strive to provide helpful but more importantly, accurate, information to the community. So, I apologize if I misunderstood the question.

Is there something in particular within the response that we can resolve or clarify? This information would be very helpful to us and the community.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link
Tripti
Tripti

Posted On: 3/19/2021
Tripti
Tripti
Hi,

My college has provided me an incorrect degree. I mean the NAME of the college is wrong. It should be .....Institute of Management and Information Technology whereas they provided for .....Institute of Management Studies and Research.

Both the colleges are the same but different wings, one is for IT other is for Management programs. I have not paid attention to it and uploaded the degree in WES > Upload Documents section.

I realised it later and got the correct degree from the college and the old one is discarded by the institute itself.

What should I do now, I want to delete the old and upload the new degree. My marksheet and transcripts are on the way to WES.

Please assist. What if WES thinks I am fraud and rejects me permanently. I have sent a request to WES, but have not heard back yet.

Please comment.

Thanks in advance,
Tripti
link
jmagustin10182000
jmagustin10182000

Posted On: 3/20/2021
Good day ma'am and sir , am i qualified for credential evaluation for WES. I graduate K12 and 1st year college degree.

Have a nice day and thank you
link
Pratidina
Pratidina

Posted On: 3/23/2021
Pratidina
Pratidina
Hello Team,

I am a law graduate with 6 years of Post qualification Experience. I am now pursuing my master's of law from OP Jindal Global University. I am planning to get my ECA done through WES. Does WES consider evaluation from this University? It is a QS 72nd ranking university in the world. However, this is not listed under WES-listed universities. Has anyone her got their ECA from WES for OP Jindal global university?

Thank you!
Regards,
Nitya Antapur
link

Posted On: 4/7/2021
Tripti wrote:
Hi,

My college has provided me an incorrect degree. I mean the NAME of the college is wrong. It should be .....Institute of Management and Information Technology whereas they provided for .....Institute of Management Studies and Research.

Both the colleges are the same but different wings, one is for IT other is for Management programs. I have not paid attention to it and uploaded the degree in WES > Upload Documents section.

I realised it later and got the correct degree from the college and the old one is discarded by the institute itself.

What should I do now, I want to delete the old and upload the new degree. My marksheet and transcripts are on the way to WES.

Please assist. What if WES thinks I am fraud and rejects me permanently. I have sent a request to WES, but have not heard back yet.

Please comment.

Thanks in advance,
Tripti

Hi there,

It is best that you contact WES directly for information specific to your case. Be prepared with your WES reference number and call the (+1) 800-361-6106 or use their contact form.

For information about contacting WES, you may find the Settlement.Org discussion thread Problem With My WES Evaluation Report useful.

Here is an excerpt:
Submitting Application for Evaluations

For more information, visit Settlement.Org for articles on credential evaluation. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

We hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have further questions and if there is any follow up to your question/situation.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org Team
link

jmagustin10182000 wrote:
Good day ma'am and sir , am i qualified for credential evaluation for WES. I graduate K12 and 1st year college degree.

Have a nice day and thank you

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your question with us.

It is best that you follow the steps above and contact WES directly for information about their credential evaluation service. You may also be interested in Settlement.Org articles on Credential Evaluation, this may offer more insight on getting your credentials assessed and referrals for other institutions providing the same service.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link

Pratidina wrote:
Hello Team,

I am a law graduate with 6 years of Post qualification Experience. I am now pursuing my master's of law from OP Jindal Global University. I am planning to get my ECA done through WES. Does WES consider evaluation from this University? It is a QS 72nd ranking university in the world. However, this is not listed under WES-listed universities. Has anyone her got their ECA from WES for OP Jindal global university?

Thank you!
Regards,
Nitya Antapur

Hi there,

It is best that you also follow the steps above and contact WES directly for any insight they can provide you on evaluating credentials from outside their approved list of universities. You may also be interested in Settlement.Org articles on Credential Evaluation, this may offer more insight on getting your credentials assessed and referrals for other institutions providing the same service.

Sincerely,

Your Settlement.Org team
link