Zhu

all messages by user

6/22/2014
Topic:
Giving Birth while Travelling to Canada

Zhu
Zhu

Good Day,

Hope everyone is running fine with good health. I have a few queries. I am a United Nations personnel.I like Canada.I want to visit Canada along with my wife during vacation. At the same time we are expecting a baby. Now if my baby is born there:

1. Will my baby get Canadian passport before I leave Canada?If yes then how many days require?And what are the formalities?Any special criteria is there or not?
2. Will the baby get child benefit if I stay outside of Canada?
3. As parents are we eligible to be citizens of Canada?If yes then after how much time we can apply for Canadian citizenship?
4. Can I apply for health insurance during traveling?If yes, what is the expense?
5. How much money I should carry for this trip?
6. If all the answers are positive then we may be considered in which category as a citizen?

I would be highly benefited if you kindly answer my questions ASAP.

Best Regards

You cannot claim child benefits if you are not a resident in Canada.

You (the parents) will not be granted Canadian citizenship. For that, you must apply for permanent residency and meet several requirements, including residency requirements (at least 3 years of physical presence in Canada).

You will have to pay for your medical expenses. Since you are not a Canadian resident, you won't be covered by provincial insurance plans.

As a side note, giving birth in Canada just to get your child Canadian citizenship is highly frown upon by a number of people. I am not saying it is your case, just FYI.

www.correresmidestino.com a blog on immigration and on life in Canada.
10/13/2015
Topic:
Looking for a Job-Bilingual Spanish/English

Zhu
Zhu
What steps did you take so far? I.e., what websites did you check? Did you apply for positions and weren't hired, or didn't you find any suitable offer?

www.correresmidestino.com a blog on immigration and on life in Canada.