anun

all messages by user

6/23/2012
Topic:
Health records for the Residence Questionnaire

anun
anun
Hi there,
How did you obtain helath records for the Residence Questionnaire? Thanks.
4/23/2013
Topic:
Language Proof - Which One Should I Take?

anun
anun
My question is which of the tests mentioned below do you recommend to take?

Here is the requirement:

Results of a CIC-approved third-party test at Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC) [Note 1] level 4 or higher in speaking and listening skills done previously for immigration purposes (even expired) or done specifically for citizenship purposes, from the following list are acceptable only:

-Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General test (CELPIP-G), (not the academic version) or

-CELPIP-General LS – a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the CELPIP general test or

-International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version
5/17/2014
Topic:
Ontario Works and Independent Contractor

anun
anun
Hello,
I am on Ontario Works.
I would like to know if I sign a contract and become an independent contractor (work is on as-needed basis), will I still be eligible for Ontario Works? They may call me from time to time for a couple of hours, or if they don't need, they will not call me to do the job at all during a month.
My concern is that since the job is on as-needed basis, I will not be able to have enough, if at all income, and I need to pay the rent and feed myself. Will I continue receiving Ontario Works in this case, because I have heard that freelancers are not eligible for Ontario Works.
Thanks in advance.