mdmm

all messages by user

5/23/2014
Topic:
Want to Divorce - Husband in Pakistan

mdmm
mdmm
Dear LostCitizen Karachi & Moderator.
I am requesting for full answer of my complex situation.
My marriage took place 20 years ago in Pakistan , with an American citizen lady,now in USA.I was Pakistani citizen,now living in Canada as a Canadian citizen.
Marriage was islamic . She got a notarized Affidavit ,with her and mine signature that, if we have disputes and she lives separate then i will pay 5 thousands Pakistani rupees per month and she wil keep all jewalry with her.
I migrated that time to USA.After 3 years of marrige , several disputes took place.Police came and told me to live away from her.When living away,she filed for order of protection in New york court.I contested in the court but as a tradition,she got order of protection that i will not contact her again.
One day,in my office , I Got a notice of court,that my wife want and have applied for annulment of marriage.I signed the court papers that I have no objection on annulment and a agree for annulment . After one month ,I received annulment judgement notice from Newyork court that our marriage has been dissolved by Annulment . Court order also say that i will not pay any almony and money because we did not have children and property.
But now after 20 years my ex-wife is demanding for big money.That is total 20 years money and now per month money. By the time of marriage in Pakistan,an affidavit was written that i will pay 5 thousand rupees per month if she lives separate alone after disputes . Total money for 20 years is a big amount.My question is this that ,
1- Do,do i legally bound to pay her money for 20 years and per month according to that Pakistani affidavit ??
2- Is our US court annulment according to Muslim Family Law , that out marriage is completely dissolved,terminated?/
3- She did not claim anything in annulment case in Newyork,USA and court decision also said that I will not pay any annulment.Now can she approach me in Canada ,from USA to claim this money by any law ??
Thankful.
Malik

8/3/2020
Topic:
Landlord issue Eviction notice after Aug01 2020

mdmm
mdmm
Need your opinions please:
I was reading in all newspapers that Covid-19 Emergency has ended on July 24, 2020 and Bill 184 is now in action. Landlord can issue "Eviction Notices" to their Tenants after August 01 , 2020.
I am a sick senior with big mortgage and utilities to pay every month. My tenant is a bodybuilder and seems hard to get him out of apartment. Kindly let me know, how can I get my tenant eviction. My tenant did not pay rent for two months and practically he defaulted for two months rent . Kindly put your suggestion,what should I do ?