Lost password

ikulen

all messages by user

7/18/2014
Topic:
Working outside Canada for a Canadian Company

ikulen
ikulen
Hi, I (permanent resident, residing in Toronto, ON) applied in June 2014 for sponsoring my wife with my kids.

This week I am on the final stage to be hired by Canada Red Cross for contractual work in Africa for 6 months.

The question is: if I work for Canadian organization/canadian payroll, have home in Canada, kids (from first marriage) and so on: would it be considered as a waiver?

Or I have to inform CIC and request them to suspend my application until I'll be back and re-start processing? Thank you so much.

Ulan
7/26/2014
Topic:
Residency Obligations for Sponsor

ikulen
ikulen
Hi, I (permanent resident, residing in Toronto, ON) applied in June 2014 for sponsoring my wife with my kids.

This week I am on the final stage to be hired by Canada Red Cross for contractual work in Africa for 6 months.

The question is: if I work for Canadian organization/canadian payroll, have home in Canada, kids (from first marriage) and so on: would it be considered as a waiver?

Or I have to inform CIC and request them to suspend my application until I'll be back and re-start processing? Thank you
7/27/2014
Topic:

ikulen
ikulen
Thank you, but that's too general. I think there should be some reasonable time period you may be outside Canada (not, definitely, 6 m, but some around 2-3 weeks).
7/28/2014
Topic:

ikulen
ikulen

A few well spread out trips of 2-3 weeks shouldn't affect the application (e.g. two 3 week trips over the course of a year).

Your question was based on leaving for 6 months which is definitely far too long. Hence PMM's answer.

So, my understanding is that regular business trips are impossible in this situation: say. 2-weeks outside every 2 months. say).

Thank you.

Ulan
8/13/2014
Topic:
Residency Obligations - CBSA Report

ikulen
ikulen
Hi,
In order to prove my stay in Canada I was advised to provide a report from Canada Border Services Agency. Could anyone please tell me which way I may get it?

Thank you,

Ulan
8/14/2014
Topic:
Residency Obligations - CBSA Report

ikulen
ikulen
Thank you PMM,

I asked that question in regard of residency obligations for sponsor under family class. But the question was shift to here. Any way, I think the answer right.
Thanks again.

Ulan
1/26/2015
Topic:
Children in Common - How To Prove?

ikulen
ikulen
Hi! My situation is as follows (sorry for lengthy content):

I landed in Canada in Y2006 bringing my family (recently PR).

By Y2007 I separated and had relationships with another women and have two kids in common with her (written in Birth Certificate on her surename and with my middle name): born YY2007 and 2010.

Got divorsed with my ex-wife only in 2014 and started to sponsor my recent wife with kids.

Got approval as a sponsor in Aug 2014. This week my wife (as an Applicant) received a request from Canada Embassy to provide additional confirmations of our cohabitation and explanation: why kids are not on my surname.

We are going to submit, besides requested explanations - DNA analysis proving that am a father.

Need your advise: if it helps in our situation?

Thans in advance.