Settlement.org logo

Register
Lost password

archerx

all messages by user

8/25/2014
Topic:
Unemployed - Am I eligible to Sponsor my Spouse?

archerx
archerx
I have an inquiry about the sponsorship of spouse

I live in Canada for three years as permanent resident. I am single and never married. I am planning to get married and she lives in Europe.

As far as I know that I am eligible to be a sponsor to her, However I am currently unemployed and receive financial assistance.

I know that I can not sponsor under this circumstances but if I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her.

I really appreciate if you can reply my inquiry.

AA
8/25/2014
Topic:
Applying for Citizenship and Being Unemployed

archerx
archerx
Hi

I am permanent resident for almost three years. When I landed Canada, I started to a certification program for almost 1.5 years.After that, I completed another certification program for 8 months.

However,I am still unemployed for nearly one year. My question is about how affect being unemployed to apply citizenship?

Thank you

AA
8/25/2014
Topic:
Tax on Income from Abroad

archerx
archerx
Hi

I am permanent resident in Canada and I had been working as a freelance consultant for a company abroad and they paid me in my home country's bank account.

My question is about if I have to pay tax or declare the revenue for the income received in my own country.

Thank you

AA
8/30/2014
Topic:
Unemployed - Am I eligible to Sponsor my Spouse?

archerx
archerx
Thank you PMM

Regarding my question, Could you reply the following questions?

1-It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country? My parents are gonna sell a house and they are willing to help financially

2-Is there any certain time schedule to support my spouse until she is eligible to have PR.

3-My future spouse will also have some money in her bank account so is it also helpful to demonstrate that we are financially stable?

Thank you

A.A

Hi

Yes, but you are going to have to demonstrate how you can support your spouse in Canada without any income.

PMM

AA
9/1/2014
Topic:
"Worked and/or Studied"- Citizenship Question

archerx
archerx
Hi

I have a silly question to fill my Citizenship application form.

I have landed Canada as PR in June, 2011 and will be eligible to apply for it on December, 2014.

There is no spending time in Canada before my first landing.

I am a little confused about the term of "worked and/or studied in the past four (4) years" in Canada.

In order to fill my application form, Do i need to start to calculate the period starting my first landing as June, 2011 or shall I consider the period before this date.

Because the my total period is almost 3.5 years in Canada..not 4

Thank you

AA
9/1/2014
Topic:
Fingerprints before Citizenship Application

archerx
archerx
Hi

I will be eligible to apply citizenship soon. I just heard that fingerprints are recently requested from applicants by CIC.

Can I get my fingerprints before application? or during the my application process in advance? thus I can submit it when it is requested in order to avoid any possible delay.

Thank you

AA
9/1/2014
Topic:
Citizenship Timeline (Took 11 Months)

archerx
archerx
Hi Machoman

How did you answer about the question about while you were unemployed.

I have same unemployed period

Thank you

AA
12/23/2014
Topic:
Photos for Citizenship Application

archerx
archerx
Hi

I submitted my citizenship application recently,but I jut realized that I forgot print my name on the back of the photos.

Does it really matter? Shall I inform CIC for my case?
I really appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Thank you

AA
12/24/2014
Topic:
Submitting Original Translated Passport Stamps

archerx
archerx
Hi Guys

I know it is not required but I submitted original translation of my passport stamps in my citizenship application. I have only have copies of translation.

I need your suggestions about the interview, What happen if I am required to take my translations again during the interview? cause I have only black/white copies of the translations..

Thank you

AA