all messages by user

5/26/2015
Topic:
WES - Wrong Assessment - Please Help

MSG
MSG
Hi,

I am completely stressed and need help.

I intend to apply for immigration to Canada under the Express Entry system for which my NOC is in-demand. However, a wrong assessment of my qualifications by WES can completely ruin my future.

I have more than 15+ years of post-qualification experience in high-profile corporates, at senior management positions.

My qualifications (from India) are from a leading University:
Bachelors in Science: 3 years, full-time, and
Masters in Science: 2 years, full-time

As per the free online assessment on the WES Canada website, my qualifications are assessed to a Bachelors degree (4 years) + 1 year graduate study (not a Masters).

THIS IS SO VERY WRONG AND INCORRECT.

I have compared my M.Sc. degree with the same degree offered by Canadian Colleges/Universities, even the subjects are the same, 2 years degree program, project/thesis, etc

So why is my M.Sc. degree reduced to a '1 year graduate study' BUT a M.Sc. from a Canadian college is considered to be a Masters degree?

I got admission for M.Sc. at the Department on the University campus (which is a premier place to study for an M.Sc.) after being selected through a National All India selection process. It was not easy

The course, curriculum and technical research offered directly by the Department, University campus where I studied is far superior than the regular M.Sc. programs offered by colleges in India.

I am afraid to get my qualifications assessed by WES. Also, from what I have read, WES Canada is not people-friendly, they do not have customer support to provide advice.

If I proceed with getting my qualifications assessed by WES Canada (based on this wrong online assessment) then the number of points for immigration is reduced due to which I am unable to apply under FSW although my skills/work experience are in demand in Canada.

I have not yet sent my transcripts/degrees to WES. Please advise what other documents and explanations I should provide so that WES Canada does NOT give a standard (ONE-DEGREE-ONE STANDARD WRONG ASSESSMENT of my qualifications. In effect, this is ruining my opportunity to immigrate to Canada.

btw the same qualifications on the counter WES USA website gives me a Masters degree assessment. How can WES assess my qualifications differently for the US and Canada?

Also, I turned down opportunities to do a PhD after my M.Sc.degree at top research institutes which have international partnerships. None of these research institutes would have accepted me for a PhD program if my M.Sc. degree is as worthless as deemed by WES Canada.

Is CES Toronto better qualified/more competent/more knowledgeable in assessing Indian qualifications than WES?

Do let me know what supporting documents I should provide even from the University Chancellor and the University Department so that WES does not assess my qualifications wrongly

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks so much