Sputnick

all messages by user

2/5/2016
Topic:
Urgent processing of PR card

Sputnick
Sputnick
Hi,
My PR card will expire on 10 Oct 2016 and I will be eligible to apply for PR card renewal on 20 June 2016, when my physical presence in Canada will be accumulated to 735 days.

I have to fly outside Canada on 24 August 2016 (the date when my present PR card will remain valid) and I want to return to Canada on 25 October 2016, when my current PR card will be expired.

I would like to get my new PR card before I leave Canada on 24 August 2016, so that I will have a valid PR card when I am returning to Canada on 25 October 2016.

I am planning to apply for urgent processing of my PR card renewal application.

According to my situation,am I eligible to apply for urgent processing of my application? Anybody has any experience like this? Please share and suggest me.

Hanamina
2/10/2016
Topic:
Urgent processing of PR card

Sputnick
Sputnick
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am a bit confused when you say that everyone is eligible for urgent processing of PR card. CIC website says, you need to travel after 6 weeks of your application date.

I am traveling after 6 weeks of my application submission date. But during my travel out of Canada (24 August 2016) my existing PR card will remain valid (The PR card expires on 10 Oct, 2016). I know I don't need a PR card when I am leaving Canada. My concern is when I am returning to Canada by commercial means, I need to have a valid PR card in my possession at the POE. I will return to Canada in November, 2016 and I need a valid PR card for that. This is why I am going to apply or urgent procession. I need to travel due to family reasons. Please clarify, if possible:
1. Do I need to justify why I need urgent processing or I just include my return ticket and proof of payment with my urgent application.
2. I think one can apply for urgent processing even if he has a valid PR card (which will expire in less than 9 months)during departure from Canada. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Would you please share your experiences with me?

Hi,
My PR card will expire on 10 Oct 2016 and I will be eligible to apply for PR card renewal on 20 June 2016, when my physical presence in Canada will be accumulated to 735 days.

I have to fly outside Canada on 24 August 2016 (the date when my present PR card will remain valid) and I want to return to Canada on 25 October 2016, when my current PR card will be expired.

I would like to get my new PR card before I leave Canada on 24 August 2016, so that I will have a valid PR card when I am returning to Canada on 25 October 2016.

I am planning to apply for urgent processing of my PR card renewal application.

According to my situation,am I eligible to apply for urgent processing of my application? Anybody has any experience like this? Please share and suggest me.

Hanamina

everyone is eligible. you need to book return ticket showing dates you plan to leave and attach proof of payment

Hanamina
2/16/2016
Topic:
Additional Documents of Proof of Residence Canada

Sputnick
Sputnick
Hi, I am gathering documents to apply for renewal of my PR Card. I found the following while visiting CIC website:

Additional documents of proof of residence in Canada in the past five (5) years

Include the following with your application:

Photocopies of all pages of all passports you held in the past five (5) years (if your stamps are not in English or French, please have them translated, see section on Translation of documents),
Your most recent Income Tax assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency within the past two (2) years. Note: You can view (and print) your tax return, as well as other personal tax information using the CRA’s My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.

and

A copy of one of the following:

Other Notices of Assessment issued by Canada Revenue Agency within the past five (5) years, or
transcripts from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada verifying attendance within the past five (5) years, or
for all school-aged children, school records (such as report cards) verifying attendance within the past five (5) years.

I do not have any other notices of assessment issued by Canada. No post secondary education in Canada. However, I met residency obligation (Total physical presence in Canada 760 days in last 5 years). I have my Passports for the last 5 years and CRA Tax Assessments for 2 years out of last 5 years.I am employed since Feb 2015. I have credit card, bank account and rental agreement in Canada.

Please let me know, what is other notices of assessments issued by CRA? Is it assessment for CCTB?

Please also let me know what other documents I can submit to prove my residency in Canada in addition to all copies of my passports and CRA Tax Assessments for 2 years out of last 5 years.

Please share your experiences on this issue, if you have any.

Regards,
Sputnick

Hanamina
2/16/2016
Topic:
Child Tax Benefits - Stay Overseas For a While

Sputnick
Sputnick
Hi Simon,
Thanks for sharing your situation. The best option to clarify your issue is to call CRA to get an authentic answer.

Hanamina
2/26/2016
Topic:
Passport Stamp Translation

Sputnick
Sputnick
Hello there,

My PR card will expire in October 2016. I am going to apply to renew my card and I need to translate some stamps on my passport.

I contacted one translation agency and they are asking CAD 10 for each stamp plus additional $15 for affidavit.

I don't know what is the usual cost for translation of 1 passport stamp.

Could you please share your experience in this regard and give me the name and address of any reliable agency that can translate my stamps with a fair price.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hanamina