Lenis

all messages by user

2/10/2016
Topic:
Permanent Resident Travel Document

Lenis
Lenis
Hi all,

Our family landed in Canada on Dec 12, 2015 as permanent residents. We had to return to our current country of residence after a few days and gave our friend's address in Toronto as our mailing address for the PR cards. It has been 8 weeks and we still haven't received our PR cards. I have sent an email inquiry to CIC this week (no response yet). My husband needs to travel back to Canada in March so we are considering of requesting for the travel document.

I have reviewed the forms and procedure on CIC site, but it is unclear to me how long it takes to get the travel document processed by CIC? Will they require my husband's passport for issuing the travel document on it?

Would really appreciate some insight on this matter. TIA!
2/12/2016
Topic:
Permanent Resident Travel Document

Lenis
Lenis

It's too early to be expecting your PR cards. Current processing times are sitting at around 75 days and that doesn't factor in mailing. There is no point calling or contacting CIC regarding this issue. Your cards aren't late.

Travel document processing times vary from country to country. I would count on a week processing time minimum. Yes - they will need his passport.

Thanks! We actually received our PR cards yesterday (after 61 days) so no need for the travel document!
2/18/2016
Topic:
PR card not received for one family member

Lenis
Lenis
Our family of four landed in Canada Dec 2015. Three of us received our PR cards last week (8weeks post landing) but our son's card has not arrived.

We are abroad so I can't call CIC as the number seems not to work outside of Canada. I emailed CIC this week for follow up but I am not sure if they will even respond. What should we do? Just wait a couple of weeks more, or send them the IMM5451 form for Solemn Declaration for a lost/stolen/never received card?

Thanks!
2/24/2016
Topic:
PR card not received for one family member

Lenis
Lenis
Usually how long does it takes for IRCC to send communication in case there was a problem with issuing our son's PR card? It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since the rest of the family received our cards and still nothing for him.