Lost password

conscientious

all messages by user

3/25/2018
Topic:
Status of PR Card after Resubmission of Photos

conscientious
conscientious
Hi, I have recently received COPR and expecting to do a short landing and return to home country.

I'm planning to apply for a PRTD to re-enter Canada after 6 months of landing to stay permanently.

You have mentioned that "However, if you have been a permanent resident for less than 5 years and decide to leave the country for an extended period of time, it is up to you to prove to IRCC that you will be able to meet your residency requirements."

01. When applying for the PRTD, what documents can I use to prove that I can meet my residency obligation ?
PRTD document check list suggests below, non of which is applicable to me since my visit would be short.
  • employment records
  • bank statements
  • rental agreements

02. Are there any risks associated with applying for a PRTD without waiting till the PR card is released ?

03. In the below link it has been mentioned getting the PRTD is at the discretion of the officer and PR status does not guarantee one (please correct me if i have misunderstood this). If a PR abroad meets the residency obligations as well, can you think of more conditions that the PR has to meet to be eligible for a PRTD?

THANK YOU
3/26/2018
Topic:
Status of PR Card after Resubmission of Photos

conscientious
conscientious
The link that I'm referring to in the question 3 of above post.

https://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/landing-and-leaving/leaving-canada/i-need-to-leave-canada-but-do-not-have-my-pr-card-yet-what-should-i-do/