Lost password

Newcomer123

all messages by user

10/26/2018
Topic:
Bad Experience with Service

Newcomer123
Newcomer123
I was sponsored to come to Canada a while back.

I finally decided to get my PR Card (I’m in my late 20’s now... I’m practically a Canadian at heart).

I applied for a PR Card on Sept 2017 and sent it by express mail and now it is Oct 2018 and I haven’t heard a peep, here is my struggle.

I waited 3-4 months with no response then I decided to go to an immigration office where I spoke to a woman she said she couldn’t help me I asked if there is a physical office where I can go to speak to someone, she said no.

Also told me to wait 8-9 months.

Well it’s been a year now and I continually call the IRCC number constantly at first I would just get the automated voice and I checked online someone said to dail 3401.

I got through but with the same message (all of our reps are busy) the person online also said to call right at 8:00am when the service is open.

Are you kidding me is this a circus of hoops that I have to jump through just to get my PR Card.

This should honestly be straight forward, not only that but the Cic.gc.ca website is a headache.

I wonder how newcomers even navigate through that maze of confusion without a knowledgeable aid by their side.

My experience with this is a negative 1/10, because I received no mail to tell me if I am approved, did it wrong or don’t need it, jumping through hoops to speak to someone on the phone for such an important piece of Identification.

I am honestly so angry.