Lost password


all messages by user

Dormant Social Insurance Number (SIN) - Options?

I am trying to request "PAC" code so I can create an "My Service Canada Account". My SIN is probably in dormant, inactive since I have been living in Canada for over 20 years and now ready to get the CPP.

The form could not be submitted because 1 error was found.
  • Error 1:The information entered does not correspond to our records. Please check your information and try again. If this situation continues, please call us toll free at 1-866-279-5238 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., local time, Monday to Friday, except civic holidays. If you are calling from outside Canada, please call 1-506-548-7009 (long distance charges apply), from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (Atlantic time). The error code is R001 if you would like to contact the administrator about this issue.

I have been calling the all the phone#s which are either busy, no is answering, held in the queue for hours.!!!
Not sure how can I contact them. [e-mail, address].
Any other avenues I can explore besides going to Canada in person.
Dormant Social Insurance Number (SIN) - Options?

Here is my findings for CPP and OAS application outside Canada.
1) No real method of doing it online
2) Don't bother with calling anyone. No will answer your calls.

Here what I found from one of the contacts at SIN service:

go online to and search for form ISP1000 (CPP) and ISP3550 (OAS).
Fill and mail it

Good luck.