all messages by user

9/25/2020
Topic:
WES - Wrong Assessment - Please Help

Sowmy
Sowmy
Dear Sir/Madam

WES:*******

I would like to bring to your notice the discrepancy in WES Evaluation Report.
My Masters in Business Administration(a full time 2 year course from WES recognized university) has been recognised as Post Graduate Diploma of 1 year.

I had taken up my case with WES for Review. The response received from WES is as follows:

"Dear Ms. P.T.

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns regarding your completed evaluation.

World Education Services (WES) has updated its policy specific to master’s degrees in business administration and postgraduate diplomas awarded in India.

WES recognizes business study in India as equivalent to a master’s degree in Canada a) when the student has completed a three (3) year MBA or b) when the credential is awarded by certain institutions, such as Indian Institutes of Technology and Indian Institutes of Management.

Sincerely,

Director of Evaluations"

The response is highly disturbing and alarming. A 3 year MBA is offered by Universities in India where the student is unable to attend /participate in a full time 2 year MBA course. Hence 3 year MBA is a part time course offered by OPen Universities like Indira Gandhi University(IGNOU), where the degree is obtained basis self learning and yearly assessments.
My concern is on following things:
1. A degree from a 3 year MBA part time course offered by open university is being made equivalent to a 2 year MBA degree from Premier Institutes like IIT/IIMs, etc. There is no weightage given to a part time/full time course in this case.
2. To gain admission to any 3 year MBA program, there is no requirement for clearing any competitive exam like CAT. Anyone is admitted to the 3 year MBA course.
3. I have cleared Competitive exam (common Admission Test) , known as CAT followed by interview to gain admission to MBA(2 year full time course).
4. My full time MBA is as rigorous as full time MBA from any other premier Institute unlike open universities which hardly have any continuous assessments/evaluation/practical knowledge nor training.

Kindly request your selves to put forth my genuine concerns with WES on their evaluation methodology that is hindering many applicants who have done a Masters (2 year full time course) and have been not given the benefit of the same.
This is highly demotivating young professionals like us who are more than eager to contribute to the Canadian economy.

Thanks
Sowmy