Lost password


all messages by user

The possibility of renew PR card without SIN

I was landed in 2011 for only a week then back to my first country. In 2015, I was back in Canada again but stay for only two weeks. However, my PR card expired in July 2016.

In late 2019, I was back in Canada by eTA. However, when I tried to go to Service Canada for at least 5 times to apply for SIN, they rejected my request because the new regulation had been passed in 2016 that "the confirmation of PR is acceptable if used within one year of the date you became a PR. The PR card is required after this period".

I am now studying a course at a public college, I have a bank account with a debit card and credit card, cell phone bills, health card and driving license to indicated that I have been living here since late 2019. I am worried about the process of renewal of PR card and I have the following questions want to seek for the professional advice:

1. Am I eligible to renew my PR card but without SIN and taxation report?
2. What can I file my taxation report to CRA without a SIN?
3. How can I file my taxation report instead of using the SIN?

Please accept my apology for causing any inconvenience to all of you. Thank you very much.