MEHAK_AHUJA_704

all messages by user

11/23/2020
Topic:
Should I apply for a PRTD?

MEHAK_AHUJA_704
MEHAK_AHUJA_704
Hi there,

I landed first time in Canada on 30th August, 2020 as a PR. Was informed during my immigration that the card would come in 90 days and accordingly I got my wedding fixed in India and got my tickets for 2ns December, 2020. But I got a mail saying that my Images where not up to the standard so I sent them again. But with only 9 Days to my flight and no status of my PR card approaching is it safe to rely on PRTD and exit the country? If it was a normal situation (Pre-corona) I would not worry so much, but now with VANS closed everywhere I am not sure what to do.

Also I asked a few people who mentioned that I should inform the immigration before leaving the country, all I could think of was raising a webform which I did and have received a reply on yet.

Please suggest what can be done? and also If there is a specific email or link I need to request on.

Thank you in advance
12/2/2020
Topic:

MEHAK_AHUJA_704
MEHAK_AHUJA_704
Thank you moderator.

I contacted them they said I can leave it is not going to be a problem, and also I raised a webform which mentioned the same.

So all set to leave in 2 days

Thank you so much💓
3/17/2021
Topic:

MEHAK_AHUJA_704
MEHAK_AHUJA_704
It worked out fine. You can apply for PRTD or in case someone in Canada receives your PR card may be you can ask them to send it to you by post.

Both option would work. With the current restrictions, I am not sure how lonv it will take for you to get PRTD but it was happening in 2 weeks time earlier