Lost password

fatelist

all messages by user

1/20/2021
Topic:
PR Renewal and US Travel

fatelist
fatelist
I am US ( work visa ) and Canadian resident (PR). I am currently in Canada and am meeting my residency obligations in next few weeks and will be applying for extension since it expired few days back. I work for a US company and I am a tax resident of US ( US DL, US Address etc.).My wife and son permanently live in Canada and I have been going back and forth for last 3 yrs. I have a work and personal travel coming up which I cannot avoid for which I have to travel to US. Work - Need to pick company laptop, my company does not send laptops across the border. Personal - I need to see my orthopedic - went through a shoulder surgery and need to get things rechecked.

I have two questions:

1. Does my situation qualify for expedite PR card processing? I cannot wait for 3 months for my PR card to arrive. Given the situation, I can neither avoid my travel to US nor I can leave my wife and son alone due to current situation.

2. I am planning to drive to the US. Given I would have applied by then can I come back from the land border without PR? I have landing papers, health card and expired PR card.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks.