Lost password

gia922

all messages by user

3/10/2021
Topic:
Mice and Temperature setting issues

gia922
gia922
This is about the rental place in Cabbage Town.
I've rented the unit in the basement for 1290 per month for a year.
It is utilities included and given that the location is considered in downtown, i thought it was fair but it is not little money for a freelancing student over 30-year-old single woman.
I am from s.korea and english is my second language. The reason i'm explaining all this is because i want to make sure whether there could have been any misunderstanding from my side.

There was no mentioning of mice issue before the contract, i know who would, but at first i thought it was because it is a house. i got help from my parents and was able to keep them away for over 9 months. This is my 10th month and i am preparing to move out so just gave the landlord notice today.
Notice date: March 10 2021
Moving out date: May 10 2021
Originally my contract finishes on april 28th but i was told by the landlord that the notice date should be in the MID-MONTH and it's in the Ontario regulation. But the contract paper both parties signed did not mention the mid-date rule and i asked the landlord where to find the rule in the Board.

Another issue is that the temperature in the house is around 19 C and it was okay but after the landlord came by to check the mice issue, he changed the temperature without letting me know. Now, it became 17 C. I assumed that it's because the weather outside is getting warmer but i'm not too sure why he did without notifying me.

Please help me out - whether i have to stay until the mid-month of May? I really want to get out of this place and never talk to them anymore.