Lost password

CLLW

all messages by user

9/28/2022
Topic:
Apartment building maintenance

CLLW
CLLW
My senior mother has received notice from the owner of her building that they will be replacing the elevator which will take 8-12 weeks.
She lives in a 6 story build with only one elevator. The majority of the residence are seniors and they are being asked to reschedule activities such as Dr appointments, vacation plans and other regular activities during the elevator construction time, unless they are able to use the stairs, which of course many are not including my mother. She is a socially active lady and is now being asked to cancel all social interaction outside of her home?
I am very concerned for the well being of my mother's physical and mental health as well as many of the other residents who may not have family support for things like groceries, physio therapy, prescriptions, retrieving mail, paying bills (not all bank online) and medical needs.
I appreciate that for safety reasons this type of maintenance needs to be done however I feel that this is not a reasonable timeline. And feel that there has to be another solution.
Am I being unreasonable? What recourse do we have? Who can I reach out to for further options or answers to my questions?